* I was interviewed on NBA TV to talk about the lockout and legal issues that could emerge. Also discussed this topic on Baltimore WNST.
* What could be the legal fallout of University of Missouri trying to leave the Big 12?
* Scott Judson, Co-Chair of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society at UC Davis School of Law, lets me know that on Wednesday, October 26, his organization will be hosting Woodie Dixon, General Counsel of the Pac-12 to speak about conference realignment and the newly-formed Pac-12 Nextwork. The event is open to the public, so if you're in the Sacramento/Bay Area, it sounds like a great event. For more info, click here.
* Alex Bard of American University Washington College of Law's Sports and Entertainment Law Society, lets me know of this upcoming event on Thursday, October 27:
What: AU WCL's Sports and Entertainment Law Society is hosting a panel discussion regarding athlete-agent relationship and NCAA regulation. The panel will look at the agent-athlete relationship, NCAA regulation of athletes, and the impact of legislation.
Kevin Blackistone from ESPN will moderate the event. Panelists include Howard Shatsky (certified NFLPA agent and WCL professor), Mark Levin (Director of Salary Cap and Agent Administration at the NFLPA), and Patrick Nero (GWU Athletic Director).
For more information please go to http://www.wcl.american.edu/secle/fall/2011/20111127.cfm.* Alex Bard also has a new Note in the Labor and Employment Law Forum titled, "Strength in Numbers: The Question of Decertification of Sports Unions in 2011 and the Benefit of Administrative Oversight". Check it out - it's very timely.
To register, please go to https://www.wcl.american.edu/secle/cle_form.cfm and select "10/27/2011: Out of Bounds: Tackling the Agent-Athlete Relationship From Amateur Athletics to the Pros."
Where: American University Washington College of Law
When: Thursday October 27, 4:00-5:30pm
* As always, Dan Fitzgerald has great stuff on Connecticut Sports Law and Darren Heitner and his crew have great stuff on Sports Agent Blog.